Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Determination

I just returned from Philadelphia last Monday. I went out for the weekend because my dear friend, Katie participated in the Philadelphia Triathlon. She has been training for the last 6 months and I continue to be amazed at all of her efforts. She finished in 3 hours and 14 minutes which is outstanding! I can't even imagine doing something like this, but it made me think - I would love to be that determined to do/finish something - anything! I am loving life these days as I am incredibly fortunate. I am happily married to a wonderful man, my family are all doing great, I absolutely love my job, and I live in the most amazing city where there is something to do at every moment. But I find that there is something missing. I have a yearning to do......well, I don't know what yet, but I continue to think and hope I can come up with a hobby or a project that will satisfy this desire.

2 comments:

angela said...

Go Katie! I can't imagine doing something like that. In fact I feel winded just thinking about it. ;)

I can't wait to see where God is leading you in order to feel satisfied.

Blessings,

A

Angela@moresugarthanspice.com

The Chipmans said...

Thanks Angie! I just read your comment. Wow. As you can tell, I haven't kept up with my blog like I have wanted to. I hope you are doing ok and your little boy is healthy baking. Take care of yourself!